Friday, April 11, 2008

Cruel and Unusual Punishment

I was reading an article about prisoners, and it got me thinking. It really upsets me that people are still complaining about the treatment of prisoners. I mean these people are murders, rapists, etc. They should not be treated fairly or with respect. They should not be given comfortable beds, cable, good food, etc. That is ridiculous to me. Some of these prisons are nicer than my own home. I mean I thought the point of prison was to be punished. Apparently, people want that to change because they want prisoners to have better good, comfortable beds, good food, respect, etc. I mean do these people just completely look past the fact that they, for instance, killed someone. I bet you if the person they killed was someone from their family, they would be acting completely different. I just don’t understand how people can rationalize what these people have done. I mean who wouldn’t want someone that killed your family member to suffer. No one would say “Please take good care of them, and give them good food and a comfortable bed.” I mean are you kidding me. All these people that think we should improve prison conditions make me so angry because it’s called prison for a reason. It’s not supposed to be a good thing. You are supposed to regret what you did while you are in prison. It is not supposed to be an enjoyable experience. This crap gets on my nerves, and I hope people will think about what they are doing. There are much bigger problems than fixing the living conditions for prisoners.

1 comment:

Carlin said...

I know. One thing that really gets me about that controversy is that it probably makes people more prone to commit crimes. Because they think that prison might not be the horrible place that it sounds. There are a lot of notorious prisons out there, but America has become so "human rights" paranoid that we forget why we put them in prison in the first place. Rights are enormously important, but the people who commit those insane crimes shouldn't have normal everyday rights. It's part of the "punishment" process.