Friday, April 11, 2008

Ice Ice Baby

Well Vanilla Ice was arrested for a battery charge. This article on msn’s entertainment part talked about the arrest, but it finished with saying “He sold 15 million copies of the single “Ice Ice Baby” in 1990.” I cannot believe this. After all the talk about him being arrested, they still have to throw in the fact that he is a celebrity. I’m sorry but just because he sold 15 million records in 1990 does not make his crime disappear. Why do people like celebrities and politicians get away with things like this. What made them so much more special than the rest of us? I understand when you’re a celebrity you can do whatever you want, but I really think it’s stupid. So what if Vanilla Ice sold 15 million records, he’s still at fault. I hate that when celebrities or people in power do something wrong, they hardly have to pay for it. Think about Paris Hilton. When she went to jail, everyone was like “Oh My God!!!” I wanted say why are you saying that because she will be out in like two days. Just because Paris Hilton is a huge slut, and she maybe knows what 2+2 equals, she gets a get out of jail free card. There is something really wrong with this system here in our country. I wish I was in some kind of power, so I could change some of these stupid things. This blog also goes with my jail blog because our jail system is flat out screwed up. Not only are regular prisoners being rewarded for murdering people, but celebrities and people in power are made more popular by going to jail. Once again, another flaw in this horrible law system we have.

1 comment:

Ryan Manning said...

I think that the main cause of this stems from the American idea of the rebel. Think about it. We have James Dean, Peter Fonda, and now Paris Hilton and the like. I hate to compare her to two fine actors, but they are sort of the same. They were all made more popular by the fact that stood for something other than the norm. Dean was a bad boy. Fonda represented the counter culture. Paris is the rebellious trust fund baby. It may not be right, but it is what it is.