Friday, April 18, 2008

My New New Job

Well as most of you know, I recently got a job at J. Alexander’s. I have been there somewhere around three months or so. I decided I wanted to start tanning again, so I will look halfway decent for the summer, so I decided to get a job at Elite Beach in Millington. I am really overwhelming myself here at the end of the semester. Right now it’s finals time, and I am working two jobs and coaching a softball team. I guess I should have thought this out a little more, but oh well. I am really excited about this job, mainly because I get free tanning. My plan is to join this 24 hour fitness in Millington and start working out again. I have really gained a lot of weight this year, so I am ready to go back to the way I looked about a year ago. This job is actually really hard though. I got this job one for the free tanning but two because it would be a little easy job to just make some extra money. Boy was I wrong. Man, I worked on Wednesday night, and I came home with every bone in my body hurting. I tore a few ligaments in my ankle a few years ago playing softball, and my ankle bothered me for a long time after it was healed. I haven’t had the ankle pain in probably almost a year (that I can remember). But Wednesday night, the pain came back. It hurt so bad, and all I kept thinking was I thought this was over. When I first hurt my ankle, everyone said you’re going to wish you had broken it because the pain goes away. If you tear something, you will always feel it. Man, were they right! I tore it when I was a sophomore, so I guess it has been three years. I am still having the pain though. That is so crazy! Anyways, I kind of got sidetracked there. I really respect the girls that work at the tanning salons now because it’s not just some easy job. Believe me, I thought it was too, but now that I’m experiencing it, I feel bad for thinking it was so easy. I guess that’s how everything is though before you experience it. Before I became a server, I knew that being a server was hard, but it was nothing compared to how bad it really is. I also didn’t tip anywhere near what I do now. You know I am really enjoying changing jobs a lot one because I learn many different trades, but two because I learn to respect other people and to not look down on them because I have no idea what all they may have to do.

1 comment:

Carlin said...

Wow, you are juggling a lot right now. Thankfully, the semester is nearly over, so you will be able to devote your attention to other stuff. That is cool that you coach a softball team too. The free tanning is pretty sweet too. I have worked as a lifeguard for two years now and it is so good to be able to be tan for the summer.